Who wants to host the IALE 2021 European Landscape Ecology Congress?
Expression of interest
IALE-Europe is launching a call for proposals to host the next IALE European Congress in 2021. The European Congress takes place every four years. In this millennium, already five editions were organised: Stockholm/Tartu (Sweden/Estonia, 2001), Faro (Portugal, 2005), Salzburg (Austria, 2009), Manchester (UK, 2013) and Ghent (Belgium, 2017).
The next European Congress is considered to be organized by (a) national chapter(s) and/or universities, institutions, landscape related networks. Also, countries without a national chapter are very much encouraged, since the organisation will be in close collaboration with IALE-Europe.
We are looking forward to receiving expressions of interest before 15 January 2019 by sending an email to email@example.com.
Full proposals have to be submitted in Spring 2019.
Following aspects can be addressed (a form will be provided in January 2019):
- Group (lead organiser(s), national chapter(s), universities, institutions involved, ...)
- Proposed theme
- Keywords related to the theme
- Possible themes for the sessions
- Scientific committee (ideas for composition, how to ensure the quality of sessions and papers)
- Ideas for the congress program (general outline)
- Ideas for the review process (open call for symposia, ...)
- Ideas for the practical organisation (congress secretariat, website, ...)
- Ideas for the excursions (destinations, organisational aspects ...)
- Ideas for the social program
- Sustainability issues (environmental impact, ...)
- Proposed timing (month)
- Location (city, country)
- Venue (facilities)
- Max. number of participants
- Accessibility to the venue (airfare from main European cities, amenities at the venue, ...)
- Accommodation possibilities for participants
- Budget and financial strategy (opportunities for sponsorship, funding, ...)
- Motivation (Why should the next European Congress be organised in your country?)